GATE 2023 Application Form will be released by August 2023 through online mode. GATE is known as the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level engineering entrance exam and it is being organized by IISC Bangalore and seven IIT’s on a rotational basis. GATE 2023 will be conducted by IIT, Kanpur.
Through this exam, the candidates who are qualified will get admission into master’s & direct doctoral programs in the field of Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Arts & Science, etc. Qualification in GATE is compulsory for getting admission in various institutions. Below in this article, we have provided all the details of GATE 2023 latest updates including Application Form, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, and How to apply.
GATE 2023 Registration: Application Soon
GATE 2023 Application Form will be released by August 2023 through online mode. Click here to Apply.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Jaipur National University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Authority have allowed combination of two new papers in GATE 2023. Also, exam cities list have been updated. Check notice click here.
GATE 2023 Exam Dates:
Below, we have provided the important dates for GATE Registration 2023:
|Registration starts||30th August 2022|
|Last date to fill application||4th October 2022|
|Registration last date with late fee||16th October 2022|
|Last date to correct category, paper & exam city (with extra fee payment)||11th November 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Aptitude test||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
What’s new in GATE Exam 2023?
GATE 2023 information brochure will be released by 1st week of August 2022. The brochure contains information regarding the newly introduced changes in the exam. Below we have provided some of the newly changes details:
New Papers: The GATE exam has two more new papers: Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (combined) and Geomatics Engineering. Hence, there will be 29 papers for the GATE 2023 examination instead of 27 papers.
Candidates can appear for more than one paper: In another change last year, candidates who are applying for GATE exam can go for two subject papers from the given set of combinations. Earlier, the candidates could apply to appear for only one subject.
GATE 2023 Application Process:
Below we have provided the Application Procedure for GATE 2023:
- The application form will be released by 31st August 2022 and will be opened through GOAPs portal online.
- The application form filling process consist of various steps such as – Online Registration, filling of personal, academic & other details, uploading of images/ documents, payment of application fee, etc.
- Candidates should read the complete instructions provided for registration before filling the application form.
- The application form submission will be done till last week of September 2022 (without late fee). With late fee, it will be done till 1st week of October 2022.
- The full process of application including uploading of images/ documents can be done through online mode. Sending of hard copy of application or documents to official authority is not required.
- As per new changes there are 29 subjects (papers) in GATE 2023. Candidates can appear for one or two papers.
- Applicants should fill only one application form even if he/ she is appearing for two papers. More than one application forms gets rejected & fee can not be refunded.
- Application form correction process will begin by 2nd week of November 2022 in the category, paper & exam city by paying additional fee.
- After submitting the application form, candidates must take copy of the application form for further usage.
Steps to Apply for GATE 2023 Application Form/How to fill form?
Below we have provided the details regarding how to fill the GATE Application form 2023:
- Go through the official website of GATE 2023 or go for the “Direct Link” provided above in this article.
- Now click on “Online Registration -GATE Admission 2023” and then click on “Fresh Candidates (Click here) to create Log In”.
- Fill required details like Email Id, Phone Number, Name, Date of Birth and select the program candidates apply for and submit them.
- Now login with Email Id and Date of Birth and a new page of GATE Application Form will open.
- After login, fill the GATE Application form with required details and click on “save” button.
- GATE 2023 Application Form will contains information like Name, Fathers Name, Address, Academic details, examination Centre, Contact Information etc..
- Now upload photograph and signature in GATE application Form.
- Photograph should be passport size photograph with plane background and should be within size and format provided in the information brochure.
- Signature should be candidate running hand signature and should be scanned within size and format provided in the information brochure.
- Now go for the payment Mode and then fill the required details accordingly.
- Once payment has been successfully paid take the copy of filled Application From and Fee receipt as proof for further usage.
- Applicants don’t need to send hardcopy of Application Form to the authority.
GATE 2023 Application Form Fee:
GATE 2023 Application fee can be submitted through online mode only.
Candidates can pay through Credit Card /Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / Net Banking/UPI payment gateways for transaction of application form fee.
The Application fee will be non-refundable at any circumstances.
Below we have provided the application form fee category wise:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- SAGE Bhopal, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- FIEM, Kolkata | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- ITM Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Pimpri Chinchwad University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- ISHM, Kolkata | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Assam Down Town University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
|For Exam Centres in India||Application Fee (Regular Period)||During the Extended Period (Application fee + late fee)|
|Female candidates||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 850/–||Rs. 1350/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
|For Foreign nationality/ NRIs|
|Exam Centres in India||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
GATE 2023 Application Documents Required:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Recent scanned signature
- Educational Certificates
- Certificate of qualifying examination
- The certificates should be self-attested
- SC/ST/OBC–NCL certificate
- PwD/DA certificate
- Nativity Proof (if required)
- Reservation Certificates (if required).
GATE 2023 Application Form Correction?
Application form correction process will begin by 2nd week of November 2022 in the category, paper & exam city by paying additional fee. Candidates will rectify their mistakes by login into their application form through online mode.
Candidates can make changes in contact details, personal details, exam cities, qualifications and documents. Once the changes are made they must review the form before final submission as GATE form correction is a one-time activity.
How to Edit GATE 2023 Application Form?
Give below is the process to make changes in the GATE 2023 application form for final submission. No changes will be allowed afterwards.
- Go to the official website or go for the direct link provided above in this article.
- Click on GATE registration
- Enter GATE application number, password and security pin displayed on screen
- Click on application form correction option
- Click on ‘I agree’ box
- You will be redirected to application status
- Select section which you wish to edit
- Make the changes and review them
- Make final submission
Important Instructions for GATE Application Form Correction?
- GATE form correction will be a one-time activity. After that, modification in any details will not be allowed under any circumstances.
- Correction will be allowed only for those candidates who completed the form filling process earlier and paid the fees.
- For form correction, click on the appropriate links provided under ‘Application Form Steps’.
- Changes will be displayed on the Confirmation Page after final application form submission.
- Candidate must take a copy of the revised confirmation page showing the changes made for further usage.
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants should have passed graduation in engineering/technology or Master’s degree in any relevant science subject.
- Applicants in the pre-final or final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to appear for GATE 2023
- Applicants pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
There is no age limit for GATE 2023
GATE 2023 Courses Offered:
GATE is conducted for Master of Engineering (ME), Masters in Technology (MTech) and direct PhD admissions.
GATE 2023 Exam Centres:
|Zone No.||Zonal Gate Office||Examination Cities|
Bengaluru – 560 012
|Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
|Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110 016
|Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater NOIDA, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain|
Guwahati – 781 039
|Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
Kanpur – 208 016
|Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Varanasi|
Kharagpur – 721 302
|Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
Chennai – 600 036
|Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Warangal|
Roorkee – 247 667
|Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar.|
GATE 2023 International Exam Centres:
|Colombo (Sri Lanka)|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)|
GATE Papers & Codes:
|Architecture & Planning||AR|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|